The Zika Virus has been in the news lately for causing pregnancy deformations in Brazil and other tropical American countries. Recent reports place the virus withing the United States. Below are summary pages from our top medical resources.
Essential Evidence Plus (EE+) is a powerful, comprehensive clinical decision support system that integrates information on 9,000 diagnoses into healthcare professionals’ clinical workflows. EE+ offers Daily POEM (“Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters”) alerts [info on signing up here] and POEM of the Week Podcasts. AHFS DI Essentials, a drug monograph service, is also included.
PsychiatryOnline.org (POL) offers the most comprehensive online access to psychiatric textbooks, journals, and professional development tools. This all-in-one virtual library provides psychiatrists and mental health professionals with key resources for diagnosis, treatment, research, and professional development. Included are:
- The DSM V library (DSM-5, DSM-5 Handbook of Differential Diagnosis, DSM-5 Clinical Cases)
- 4 leading APA journals (American Journal of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Services,
Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, and
Psychiatric News )
- Several Phychiatry texts
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry
- Gabbard’s Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, 5th Edition
- Dulcan’s Textbook of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
The Health Library for Occupational Therapy by LWW contains 11 core texts, over 40 videos, supplementary documents and over 700 review questions tailored for the OT program. The titles available in this collection will include top titles including Schell, Willard & Spackman’s Occupational Therapy 12e, OccupationalTherapy for Physical Dysfunction 11e by Radomski and Conditions in Occupational Therapy 4e by Atchison.
Browzine for the Web (AZ / MO) has arrived. With permalinks (permanent URL links), Browzine for the Web can integrate the library’s current holdings for almost any discipline (ex: Occupational Therapy), the table of contents of any journal (ex. New England Journal of Medicine) or articles (ex.Trajectory of Cognitive Decline After Incident Stroke; JAMA 314:1, p 41) into Blackboard courses, Guides or just about anywhere on the web. Contact Hal Bright for details. Further enhancements in the Fall will allow syncing between the Browzine app and Browzine Web for personal accounts.
The library recently combined the print holdings (books, videos and print journals) of the AZ campus library into the MO campus’s library catalog named LANCE. If you use Still OneSearch to access our print holdings, your experience will not change. The following changes have occured:
- To access the catalog, use the “Library Catalog for Both Campuses” link on the Databases page
- Look and Feel of library catalog has changed
- Library catalog is named LANCE and has Arizona, Missouri and combined eBook holdings
- In Still OneSearch, the Location limiter on the left hand menu is activated on both campuses, you can use that to limit to just MO or AZ campus locations within the library (such as reserve shelf, etc)